Thursday, November 18, 2010

In the Beginning...

(My first memory of traveling and good finds. I didn't go to Disney for the rides. No. I went for the Mickey Mouse ice cream bars. Good deal for the price. Feast for the eyes, tummy and the child in all of us.)

In the beginning, God created stuff. Edible things that grew on trees and in the ground and a pretty neat rock called Earth, which could be explored far and wide in search for new horizons.

Or...

If you don't believe in a god or creation...There was a bunch of junk floating in space, and one day there was this giant explosion that resulted in a the birth of a rock called Earth, which was vast and full of surprises. A rock that eventually grew things on it, things for animals and people to eat.

Either way, here we are today. Ages later, but still walking this earth in search of two things: food and a place comfortable enough to stay a while. We still find new flavors in timeless foods and new ways to incorporate ingredients used by our ancestors. We live in places that might be world known for landmarks, yet we are always in the hunt for undiscovered treasures in our surroundings. Secret places only the locals enjoy and brag about to visitors who would've otherwise turned up their nose at.

I invite you to come in, stay for a while. I have a knack for finding new ways to become closer to my readers and Twitter followers. You can come with me on my quest for new ideas and secrets found in existing recipes, bars, beaten paths and old roads...

There's always more than one set of eyes looking at something. You never know what you'll find.

Regards,

Pastrami Pants

1 comment:

  1. Well written. What an outstanding piece! I am a foodie myself, and am looking foward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete